Before you begin, please note that:
- You must check that your account number starts with AGRA. You can check this by logging in to your online account.
- A clearance period will apply to units purchased via electronic collection or debit order.
- Once we receive your withdrawal instruction and all required documents, we will apply for a tax directive from SARS. The directive may not be altered, and your withdrawal instruction cannot be cancelled.
How can I submit my instruction?
You can complete and sign a Retirement Annuity Fund withdrawal instruction and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send it via fax to 0860 000 655.
When will I receive my money?
- Once we receive your withdrawal instruction and all required documents, we will apply for a tax directive from SARS.
- It takes a minimum of 10 business days to process a withdrawal from a retirement annuity.
You may only withdraw a portion of your investment from your retirement annuity after the age of 55, except in certain circumstances:
- Your investment is less than or equal to R7 000 (and you are not actively contributing to the account).
- You have emigrated from South Africa, as recognised by the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) for the purposes of exchange control, and your emigration application was submitted on or before 28 February 2021 and approved by the SARB on or before 28 February 2022; or if you have not been a South African tax resident for an uninterrupted period of at least three years on or after 1 March 2021; or if you have left South Africa at the expiry of a work or visit visa.
- You have a divorce order.
If you are 55 years or older, refer to I want to retire from my retirement annuity.