Aims to earn higher returns than world stock markets, without greater risk of loss.
Seeks to balance appreciation of capital, income generation and risk of loss.
Seeks capital appreciation on a low risk global portfolio.
• The benchmark is the FTSE World Index, including income, gross of withholding taxes (“FTSE World Index”)
• The Fund’s currency exposure is managed relative to that of the FTSE World Index
- Invests in global equities, fixed income and commodity-linked instruments
- Aims to earn higher long-term returns than its benchmark, which is comprised of 60% MSCI World Index with net dividends reinvested and 40% JP Morgan Global Government Bond Index (“60/40 Index”), both in US Dollars
- Can employ limited stock market hedging to reduce risk of loss
• Invests principally in selected global equities believed to offer superior relative value
• Employs stock market hedging to reduce risk of loss
- Invests principally in a focused portfolio of selected global equities believed to offer superior relative value.
- Employs stockmarket hedging to reduce risk of loss.
Our regional foreign-currency investment options
|Orbis SICAV Emerging Markets Equity Fund (USD)||
Seeks higher returns than the average of the emerging markets equity markets, without greater risk of loss. Its benchmark is the MSCI Emerging Markets Index (Net) (US$) Index.
|Orbis SICAV Japan Equity Fund (EUR and JPY)||Aims to earn higher returns than the Japanese stock market. Its benchmark is the TOPIX Index, including income measured in Japanese Yen or hedged into Euro.|
|Allan Gray Africa ex-SA Equity Fund (USD)||Aims to outperform African equity markets over the long term without taking on greater risk of loss. Its benchmark is the Standard Bank Africa Total Return Index.||Download Allan Gray Africa ex-SA Equity Fund factsheet|
|Allan Gray Africa ex-SA Bond Fund (USD)||Aims to achieve the maximum US dollar total return while minimising the risk of loss within the context of an African bond fund. Its benchmark is the J.P. Morgan GBI-EM Global Diversified Index.||Download Allan Gray Africa ex-SA Bond Fund factsheet|
|Allan Gray Australia Equity Fund (AUD)||
Aims to provide long-term returns that exceed its benchmark, the S&P/ASX 300 Accumulation Index.
|Allan Gray Australia Balanced Fund (AUD)||
Aims to balance capital growth, income generation and risk of loss using a diversified portfolio of shares, fixed income and commodity investments from Australia and overseas.
|Allan Gray Australia Stable Fund (AUD)||Aims to provide long-term returns that exceed its benchmark, the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) cash rate, with less volatility than the Australian stock market.|
Other investment options
You can invest with other offshore investment managers through Allan Gray.
See foreign-currency investment options from other offshore investment managers.
We offer a range of rand-based offshore unit trusts from other investment managers for those investors who wish to invest and withdraw in rands and want the option of lower minimums. Rand-based offshore unit trusts are currently restricted for our Living Annuity and Endowment and our Allan Gray-Orbis funds are unavailable for basic unit trust investments as we have reached our foreign investment limits for these products.
See rand-based offshore investment options.