How to apply
Applying for a job at Allan Gray can be a daunting process, so we have provided a few tips to make sure that you present yourself in the best possible light.
Resume Writing Tips
Your resume is the first impression you make, so it is important that you make it count. Read the five tips below and be sure your resume makes the right impression:
- Make sure that your resume is in the right format for uploading. Our system accepts PDFs, TIFFs and JPEGs.
- Clearly state your name and contact details. We cannot contact you without these details.
- Personalise your resume to the position you are applying for. This will help you keep your resume short and to the point.
- Stick to a legible font and make sure that your text is big enough to read easily.
- Check your grammar and spelling thoroughly before uploading your document.
Before the interview
- Make sure that you know where your interview will take place. See the FAQs below to find out where our offices are located.
- Prepare questions to ask during the interview about the job. It is important that you interview us about the position and our company to see if you would enjoy the job.
- Look over your CV and be prepared to answer questions about your past experience.
- Ask if there are any documents that you need to bring to the interview and what you can expect during the interview.
- Our business environment is formal. It is advisable that you dress formally for the interview. Look at the pictures on the Careers site homepage to see what formal dress looks like.
- Arrive on time for the interview. First impressions count and being late is a bad way to start your interview.
- Calm yourself and relax. The fact that you’ve reached this stage means that we are interested in you, so put your best foot forward.
- Speak clearly and take your time in answering questions. There’s nothing wrong with pausing before answering a question or asking the interviewer to repeat the question.
- Make sure that you understand what the job entails by the end of the interview.
After the interview
- Be patient when awaiting feedback on the interview. Sometimes the interview process can take time to conclude.